A toy is an item which can be used for playing. It is mainly used by children. Child psychological researches claim that playing with toys is important to a child's growth and mental development. This is because babies use toys to discover their identity, help their bodies grow, learn the principle of cause and effect, explore relationships, practice skills they will need as adults and many more. There are many other reasons why getting toys for babies is beneficial. Here are some of the reasons :
• Toys help develop a baby's grasping abilities especially in the third month.
• Toys help children engage their senses, their imaginations and it build up their ability to interact with others.
• Toys help babies learn about the world around them.
• Some fun and educational toys can be useful for supplementing what children learn at school.
• Toys when played by a child and the parents or caregivers, can be a medium of bonding.
• Getting toys for your children will help them learn to take care of their own things as they realize that they have a responsibility to take care of their own things.
Parents should select carefully the type of toys which they want to get for their children especially for their younger children. Before going into the buying guide for baby toys, there are things parents and caregivers should note:
Sound: Make sure that the toys you get for newborns come with great sounds. This is because until his or her eyesight is fully developed, your baby will use sound to get a sense of where an object is.
Colours and patterns: Brightly coloured toys as well as high-contrast patterned toys will help your baby pick out differences in shapes and patterns in the earl weeks after birth.
Movement: In the first three months, babies are usually delighted by toys that move and it would be great to get such a fascinating item for him or her.
Dangling toys: Until your baby can sit up on his/her own, getting toys which dangle from the arch of a baby gym will be great for your baby as reaching for these toys will help develop your baby's grasping skills.
Going further, here are some tips which everyone would find very useful when it comes to buying toys for children.
• Look for toys that are age appropriate for the child you plan on buying them for.
• Buy toys that will entertain your child. The toys should amuse, delight, excite and be enjoyable to your child.
• Make sure to first read the instructions on any toy pack and ensure that you clearly understand the instructions. Also make sure to review warnings written on any toy pack.
• Buy educational toys which require directions, cooperation and rules. These are important in learning, sharing and social skills.
• Before buying, ensure to check the toys for hazards such as loose parts, broken pieces or sharp edges. Even after you have bought the toys and you child has started using them, make sure you regularly check the toys for all these. Always repair or discard any weak or broken toys.
• When buying ride-on toys such as bicycles and other types, makes sure to buy the one which suits your child's age, size and abilities.
Jumia Market offers a variety of toys for babies and older children such as car toys, musical toys, dolls and many more at affordable prices. Keep your baby busy by getting soft toys which are completely safe for him or her to play with. You will also find a variety of other baby products here at give-away prices. Shop now and ay cash on delivery.