- Prepayment by Mobile Money
- Full refund if you do not get your product delivered
Delivery & Returns
Shipped from Abroad and normally delivered between Saturday 15 Feb and Monday 17 Feb. Please check exact dates in the Checkout page.See more
Free return within 15 days for Jumia Mall items and 7 days for other eligible items.See more
Seller Score: 86%
Pattern: 3 Working Tray
Composting Period: 2-3 Months
Size: (L)X(W)X(H) 44x44x52cm / 17.32''x17.32''x20.47'' (appr.)
and high quality.
● Easy assemble, easy to compost and easy to carry.
● Suitable for indoor and outdoor use. Short period of composting.
● A reservoir at the bottom captures ''worm tea'' aka liquid fertilizer.
● Allowing you to produce perfect amount of worm castings as you may need.
● Worms start at the bottom and migrate upwards as they go, leaving behind tray after tray of rich compost.
● Let worms transform your kitchen scraps into nutrient-rich organic fertilizer with this efficient, multi-tiered worm factory composter.
How It Works:
1) You start with just one tray of worms, feeding them handfuls of food scraps (fruit and vegetable peelings, egg shells, and coffee grinds, mostly - meat and dairy are forbidden) and topping each deposit with shredded paper or dried leaves (which keep the compost from smelling or attracting fruit flies and eventually get eaten by the worms as well).
2) Then, once the tray is filled, you add another one on top, containing a starter pile of more scraps. The worms, seeking new food, migrate upward through the holes in the bottom of the new tray and leave you with a bottom tray full of beautiful compost. When the second tray is full, you add another one on top, and so on until you have a short tower of compost-filled trays, a self-contained worm industrial complex.
What Is Worm Composting?
Worm composting is using worms to recycle food scraps and other organic material into a valuable soil amendment called vermicompost, or worm compost. Worms eat food scraps, which become compost as they pass through the worm's body. Compost exits the worm through its' tail end. This compost can then be used to grow plants. To understand why vermicompost is good for plants, remember that the worms are eating nutrient-rich fruit and vegetable scraps, and turning them into nutrient-rich compost.
Materials To Use & Avoid:
Use raw fruit and vegetable scraps. Stay away from meats, oils and dairy products, which are more complex materials than fruits and vegetables. Thus, they take longer to break down and can attract pests. Cooked foods are often oily or buttery, which can also attract pests. (In my personal experience, I've found that watermelon rinds are one of their top favorites!)
Avoid orange rinds and other citrus fruits, which are too acidic, and can attract fruit flies. Try to use a variety of materials. We have found the more vegetable matter, the better the worm bin. Stay away from onions and broccoli which tend to have a strong odor.
Please allow 1-3cm error due to manual measurement and make sure you do not mind before ordering.
Please understand that colors may exist chromatic aberration as the different placement of pictures.
- Reasonable price
- Durable and practical
- Top Sales Item
- Easy assemble, easy to compost and easy to carry.
- Suitable for indoor and outdoor use. Short period of composting.
- A reservoir at the bottom captures ''worm tea'' aka liquid fertilizer.
- Allowing you to produce perfect amount of worm castings as you may need.
What’s in the box
- SKU: GE779HL10IZTCNAFAMZ
- Color: Black
- Main Material: n/a
- Size (L x W x H cm): 44X44X34
- Weight (kg): 4.81
This product has no ratings yet.