Having a new born baby can be overwhelming sometimes; there is a lot to do from when you become an expectant mother, up until when you give birth to the baby, and even afterwards. As an expectant mother, you need to take care of yourself because your baby feeds off the nutrients from your body when they are in the womb. So it is important to always eat healthy and avoid foods that you have been advised by your doctor to, exercise a lot and get lots of rest. As a pregnant mother, here are a few baby care tips you should know.
• It is not appropriate to smoke when you're pregnant.
• It is also very inappropriate to consume alcohol.
• You should not miss your antenatal care sessions with your doctor.
• Avoid fish, taking X-rays, and vitamin A supplements.
• Avoid contact with reptiles
Those are a few of some of the things that a pregnant mother should take note of. There are a whole lot more, but even if you're a first time mother, you can always ask for help from friends, nurses and family members.
Baby care also entails having the right items the baby would need when it is born, and even afterwards. These are items that should be carefully selected and would be easy to keep clean, because a baby's immune system is not strong enough after it is born and since it is no longer in the womb, it does not get those nutrients it normally would from the mother, especially if she decides against breastfeeding. Here is a list of some of the things you baby would need:
• Blankets and baby sheets: you would need a lot of these, especially because they have to be constantly kept clean and damp ones cannot be around your baby. And of course, your baby has to feel snug and cozy. For the material, cotton is always a great choice.
• Crib: this can be handmade or store bought but at the end of the day, babies need a place to sleep. The crib should be very comfortable and should meet safety standards.
• Clothes: another important thing babies need are clothes, and not just clothes, comfortable ones. There should be clothes to suit every change in the weather, because you don't want them to be too cooped up in clothes when the weather is too hot (this could result in heat rashes) or too loosely dressed when the weather is cold (this could lead to a bad case of pneumonia).
• Baby feeding bottles: for the baby formula, you definitely need some of these. Most working mothers also use them to store breast milk.
Child health is a very important and delicate thing, and some products go a long way in helping to make sure your baby is healthy and comfortable. For the best deals on baby products - Diapers, baby lotion, strollers, car seats, baby formula- Jumia Market is the best online platform to shop. Everything is of top quality and you can be sure your baby would not lack for anything when you make your purchases on Jumia Market. With our flawless services, you would enjoy the world of online shopping like never before.