INSURANCE FOR GADGETS
WHAT IS INSURED
The Master Policy covers total loss or damaged caused by:
1. Fire, lightning, explosion and earthquake;
2. Theft of the item;
3. Malicious damage;
4. Non-political Riot, strikes and civil commotion.
WHAT IS NOT INSURED
1. Accidental damage of any kind;
2. War and related perils;
3. political riots, terrorism and related perils;
4. Consequential losses/loss of use of any kind;
5. Damage/breakage of glass for mobile phones;
6. Wear, tear and depreciation;
7. Loss or damage caused by nuclear weapons/materials;
8. The first 10% of the claim Amount being lodged;
9. Any third-party liability arising out of the use of the equipment;
10. Confiscation, nationalization or acquisition by government or other lawful authority
11. Loss or damage by theft or attempted theft after the dwelling house has remained vacant for
more than 30 consecutive days.
12. Loss/Damage to software or any data.
13. Power surge;
14. Theft by any member of the Insured’s household or his employee being involved directly or
indirectly as principal or accomplice or with the connivance of the Insured.
BASIS OF VALUATION
The basis of valuation shall be the invoice value (for items less than 12 months old), 20% depreciation per
annum for items more than 12 months old.
1. The Insured shall take reasonable precautions for the safety of the property Insured.
2. In the event of a claim arising under this policy, the Insured shall co-operate with the Company or its
representative and shall provide evidence to support the claim made including proof of loss and
As a neutral online marketplace providing services to both customers and vendors, Juima UG does not adjudge conflicting IPR infringement claims. All conflicting claims shall be resolved by the relevant parties separately from Juima UG and the Jumia online market place.
WHAT TO DO IN CASE OF LOSS OR DAMAGE
1. Notify Liberty General Insurance Uganda Limited immediately or as soon as practically possible
2. Report to police immediately if theft, malice, traffic accident or criminal act is suspected.
3. Do no negotiate with other parties but send all correspondence received from third parties to Liberty
General Insurance Uganda Limited
4. Provide particulars of loss including amounts as soon as possible.
5. Do not abandon the property but do everything to minimize the loss.
6. Cooperate with the insurer or its agents in all ways.
|Alfreds Futterkiste||Maria Anders||Germany|
|Centro comercial Moctezuma||Francisco Chang||Mexico|
|Ernst Handel||Roland Mendel||Austria|
|Island Trading||Helen Bennett||UK|
|Laughing Bacchus Winecellars||Yoshi Tannamuri||Canada|
|Magazzini Alimentari Riuniti||Giovanni Rovelli||Italy|