Perfume is a liquid which
gives people, things and rooms a good smell. It is made of oils which give
off scent to the surrounding air. The fragrance which makes up a perfume
can be manufactured synthetically or extracted from plant or animal
sources. Perfumes were used in the earliest human civilizations. Perfumes
smell more when temperature is warmer and so people spray or put them on
the neck, wrist, back of the knee, etc because these parts are warmer.
There are basically three sources of fragrances for
Plants: These days, most common essential oils such as lavender, peppermint, orange, vanilla, etc are distilled. Raw plant materials such as flowers, leaves, wood, bark, roots, seeds or peel is put into a distillation apparatus over water. As the water is heated, the steam passes through the plant material collecting the scents. The steam flows through a coil where it condescends back to liquid, which is then collected. Most citrus peel oils are cold pressed just like in the case of olive oil production. Citrus fruit oils are cheaper than most other essential oils.
• Ambergris: Here the source of fragrance is the lumps of fatty compounds, secreted and expelled by the sperm whale. The harvesting of ambergris causes no harm to the whales therefore, collecting it is not controversial.
• Honeycomb: This is collected from the honeycomb of the honeybee.
• Deer musk: This is collected from the musk sacs of the Asian musk deer.
There are many other types of animal fragrance sources.
Synthetic sources: A lot of modern perfumes have in them, synthesized odorants. These synthetic odorants can provide fragrances which are not found in nature. They are usually used as an alternate to compounds that are not easily got from natural sources.
• Perfumes smell good and it
makes women smell good and this makes women more attractive.
• Perfumes have a way of boosting a woman's self-confidence as they make her more attractive.
• Women wear perfumes to live something nice that people they come in contact with can remember them by.
• Some women consider certain perfumes as status symbols.
• For some women, perfumes help to boost their moods and therefore make them feel happy.
• Some perfumes are somewhat therapeutic and women wear these types of perfumes because they have the ability of giving a sense of calmness and serenity.
• Some women wear certain perfumes in order to showcase their individuality.
There is really no wrong or
right way to wear perfumes however, there are tips on how to wear your
perfumes better to give a more lasting effect.
• The key to wearing perfume to have a lasting effect is to wear it enough. You may wear two to three sprays, depending on how concentrated your perfume is.
• In order to make your fragrance last long, spray on your wrists, the base of the throat, in the inner elbow, the cleavage, behind your ears and behind your knees. You can also leave a drop on your hair.
• For best results, mix up your scents. This also goes a long way in portraying your individuality; make sure not to come out with an overpowering scent.
• Avoid rubbing the wrists together after applying your perfume in order to prevent crushing the scent.
• Always apply perfume before putting on your clothes and jewelry. This is because some perfumes may leave permanent stains on fabrics, metals and pearls.
Jumia Market offers a variety of women's perfumes from an extensive list of designers some of which are Avon, Chanel, Escada, Lacoste, Emperio Armani, Giorgio Armani, Chloe and many more. You can get all these at budget-friendly prices on this site. You can also get all your make-up products online without much hassle when you shop with us. Shop now and pay cash on delivery.