Frying food is one of the many activities that takes place in the kitchen. Almost everything tastes good with its fried, so people tend to take advantage of this and fry a lot of food. Also, frying makes food last longer. The health benefits of frying foods that people do not even know are also numerous. Fried foods have been associated with fattening and calories for way too long and contrary to popular belief, fried foods actually have positive health effects on the body. For example, fried chicken actually helps to improve the functions of the body's immune system immensely and when the food contains copper, it helps to improve the blood vessels and bones.
To get fried food, one actually has to use cooking oil. Cooking oil is gotten from plant, animal or synthetic fat and is used for frying, baking and other types of cooking in the kitchen. Cooking oil could also be used for other little household issues like lubricating a door hinge or tools in the garage. It is after all, still oil.
When it comes to purchasing cooking oil, some things need to be considered. The cholesterol level of the oil is important. One should also pay attention to its combination of Omega 3, fatty acids and of course taste, because they vary in different types of oils. Lastly, one should consider the smoking point of the oil. The smoking point of oil is the cooking temperature and how high it can go.
There are different types of cooking oil, and some of them are listed below. Note that the flavors differ and sometimes, each kind of oil comes with its own unique taste to the food.
• Sunflower oil: this also has polyunsaturated fat, making it very healthy as well. It has a light flavor so it does not destroy the taste of the food or influence it in any way. It also is rich in vitamin E and Omega 6, which helps the body cells in retaining water.
• Groundnut oil: the most popular kind of cooking oil, groundnut oil can be used in diverse ways: frying, seasoning food and grilling. It has a high content of mono and polyunsaturated fats, which is helpful for lowering cholesterol, making it a very healthy kind of oil. Groundnut oil is also a good source of vitamin E, known to act as an anti-oxidant that protects the skin from acne and scars.
• Mustard oil: this kind of oil has a unique flavor that that makes dishes taste even better. It also has a high smoking point so it is perfect for frying. It can be used to also treat the skin, due to the antibacterial properties it has.
• Olive oil: it contains monounsaturated fatty acids like Omega-3, which gives it anti-inflammatory properties. It can be used for salads and appetizers. It is also used in skin and hair treatments due to the minerals and proteins it contains.
• Coconut oil: this is made from coconuts, and unlike other cooking oils, is solid at room temperature. It also has a low smoking point, so one should avoid using it over high heat.
Shop for vegetable oil and the likes on Jumia Market simply by going to our website and placing your orders. Have them delivered to your doorstep in no time and enjoy nourishing oil at the best prices, all on the no 1 online marketplace in Uganda.