Skin care is the use of cosmetics to care for the skin. However, one of the most important ways to effectively take care of your skin is to protect it from the sun. The UV rays from the sun could be really harsh on the skin and cause a lot of damage to the skin. Flawless skin can be easily achieved if one religiously follows certain skin care regimens. Here are some basic skin care rituals to follow to achieve that flawless, youthful skin.
• Always make sure to remove your make-up before going to bed at night. This allows the skin to breathe easily overnight.
• Make sure to exfoliate your skin especially your face regularly. Exfoliation removes the layers of dead skin, leaving you with a healthier glow and a brighter skin.
• As mentioned earlier, keep away from the sun. The sun and skin are pure enemies however, since we would still need to go out in the sun for our daily activities, it is best to protect your sin from the sun's harmful rays by using sunscreen. A long period of exposing your skin to the sun can cause wrinkles and other terrible skin problems, therefore make sure to wear sunscreen of at least 15 SPF before going out in the sun.
• Remember, you are what you eat. A good diet over a period of time will begin to show on your skin. Make sure to eat a lot of fruits and vegetables.
• After a day of activities, sleep is important as that is the period in which the body freely repairs worn out parts and rejuvenates itself. Therefore, it is important to have at least eight hours of sleep every night. This also has a way of doing wonders on the skin.
• Make sure to drink lots of water daily.
• Do not use hot water to have your bath, if you need to use water in a higher temperature, use warm water instead.
There are basically five types of skin: Oily, dry, normal, combination and sensitive skin types. Each of these skin types is different and so they require different methods of skin care. Moreover, they require different types of products to cater to their unique skin care needs.
Oily skin: For this skin type, wash your skin no more than twice a day, use a gentle cleanser and do not scrub; do not pick, pop or squeeze your pimples and make sure to use skin care products labeled as 'noncomedogenic'.
Dry skin: For this type of skin, take shorter showers and baths and make sure not to take a bath/shower more than once daily. If you must take more than once, use generous amount of moisturizer. Use mild, gentle soaps and cleansers; don't scrub while bathing and apply a rich lotion and moisturizer after bathing.
Normal skin: This type of skin is the least problematic type and any type of skin care regimen and product can work well for this skin type.
Combination skin: For this type of skin, wash your skin twice daily; use a light gel moisturizer which will not clog the pores in your T-zone area; use facial scrub regularly.
Sensitive skin: For this type of skin, try and eliminate processed food from your diet; go for natural or organic skin care products and try not to use commercial creams and moisturizers that have petroleum.
Jumia Market offers a variety of anti-aging cream, face creams, sunscreens, and other skin care products at affordable prices. Give your skin that awesome look and feel great by getting these good quality products online. Shop now and pay cash on delivery.